Thread: Brian Oberlin - Solo Swing Christmas

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Brian Oberlin - Solo Swing Christmas

The Mandolin Cafe has posted the following news release:
    Brian Oberlin - Solo Swing Christmas

Solo Swing Christmas is the latest project from Brian Oberlin, Music Director of the Oregon Mandolin Orchestra and host and founder of the River of the West Mandolin Camp.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. The addition of images is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Default Re: Brian Oberlin - Solo Swing Christmas

Really enjoyed Brian's other disc. Will get this one too. The sample sounds great.

NOTE: Brian is a friend of mine as well as being the Music Director for the Oregon Mandolin Orchestra (of which I am a member) . However I have no MFI in the sales of this CD.

I got a good listen to this music this morning. Brian brings out the best in many of the "holiday classics" included in this set and Brian's interpretation will fill any listener with holiday cheer. For those of you not dreaming of a "White Christmas", although included here, there are two wonderful Hawaiian themed tracks (one written by Brian) that will definitely send your thoughts to a Warm South Pacific Holiday setting. With all of the great selections on this disc, my personal favorite is Brian's collaboration with Josh Fienberg (Bass) on "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" it is truly a great version of this holiday classic.

I would recommend this music set it for anyone's holiday music collection.
    MLT
    Oregon Mandolin Orchestra
    Classical Mandolin Society of America
    Labraid Cytole

Blog Entries

This is a wonderful project, as have been Brian's previous releases this year. Highly recommended, and yes, I have listened to the entire recording.