Thread: Dogal Picks in Europe

Default Dogal Picks in Europe

Hi All,

last year I think I bought out the UK's remaining stock of Dogal picks. They're distributed by Stentor in the UK, and they don't seem in a hurry to stock more of them.

I'd like to get more of them, and a few people I've lent them to have become converts.

Do any of you know of anywhere that stocks them, preferably in Europe?

Thanks!

Anna

Default Re: Dogal Picks in Europe

Try the source: Dogal Strings
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

"..and they don't seem in a hurry to stock more of them.". That's pretty typical of the UK suppliers that i've had contact with over various items. The Dunlop 'Turbotune' string winder is no longer imported into the UK. The company that used to import it from the USA told me that could get me one,but it would take 2 months. I got one in less than 2 weeks from the US & it was less expensive as well. There seems to be an apathy throughout the UK's musical 'bits & pieces' suppliers - thank the good Lord for our US suppliers,they actually seem to want to make money,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

Update: I contacted Dogal, who put me back in touch with Stentor. They do have them in stock again, so I'm stocking up again.

So if you want some in the UK, please ask your local music shop to get some for you.

The big problem with asking any music store to buy anything they don't normally sell,is that usually they have to buy a 'minimum quantity' of the product. No music store will invest money in an 'unknown to them' item as it / they might not sell. Are you buying your picks directly from Stentor or have you got a local music store which will supply you ?. Any would be welcome for us UK pickers,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.