Thread: Bean Blossom - The Brown County Jamboree and Bill Monroe's Bluegr

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Bean Blossom - The Brown County Jamboree and Bill Monroe's Bluegr

The Mandolin Cafe has posted news:
    Bean Blossom - The Brown County Jamboree and Bill Monroe's Bluegrass Festivals
    http://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001300.shtml

Bean Blossom - The Brown County Jamboree and Bill Monroe's Bluegrass Festivals is the title of a new book slated for a May, 2011 release by the University of Illinois Press.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. The addition of images, videos, links and BB coding is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Martinsville, Indiana formerly of Brown County

Default Re: Bean Blossom - The Brown County Jamboree and Bill Monroe's Bl

I think folks that have an interest in Monroe items and Bean Blossom in specific, will find this book interesting. I know that he did a lot of interviewing of folks in and arround the area about the "early" days. He also seemed very interested in taking a detail look at the why and how of things.

Blog Entries

I'm trying to get an advance copy of this one and think he'd make a superb interview for late spring, early summer about time the book comes out. Hopefully a bit of added exposure might help him sell a few more. Not a lot of guys on the planet that can write this kind of book.

Blog Entries

The official release date for this new book from Thomas A. Adler published by the University of Illinois Press is today, May 15, but I'm told by the author that printing is running a bit late and they're expected at distribution points for shipping in two weeks. Still, pre-order points exist now and I've made those available on the Cafe home page. I was fortunate enough to receive an advance copy of the book several months back which I really enjoyed reading and have an exclusive interview with Mr. Adler that will publish on May 29, at which time the books should be shipping. It's a delightful read that will be of interest to anyone who is a fan of bluegrass history. Highly recommended.
    Last edited by Scott Tichenor; May-15-2011 at 4:44pm.

Blog Entries

Noting the anniversary of the publication of this book in 2011. It's a good read packed full of many gems, bits of information. Highly recommended.