Thread: Tapatalk plugin

Blog Entries

Default Tapatalk plugin

Thought I had seen an earlier post on this app for smart phones that makes browsing fora easier, but a search on the entire forum gets a null response. Must have been elsewhere.

Here is the website, with free plugin download for forum admins. I use it on another forum and its pretty useful--especially so when I am browsing one handed after I go through some minor surgery Appreciate your consideration Scott!

Cheers, Jason
    Jason Anderson

"...while a great mandolin is a wonderful treat, I would venture to say that there is always more each of us can do with the tools we have available at hand. The biggest limiting factors belong to us not the instruments." Paul Glasse

Stumbling Towards Competence

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tapatalk plugin

Jason Anderson

"...while a great mandolin is a wonderful treat, I would venture to say that there is always more each of us can do with the tools we have available at hand. The biggest limiting factors belong to us not the instruments." Paul Glasse

I'll just chime in and say that it would be lovely if a Tapatalk plugin can be installed for the forum and I would love to see it implemented. But I also recognize that this is and will be a pretty big undertaking for the forum admin, who's already have their hands full with regular forum maintenance and more. If there is a critical mass of users who regularly view and use the forum from their smart phones, this may be worth looking into and get bumped up on the list of to-dos. Scott - do you have any stats on where members and users are accessing the forum from?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by barrangatan View Post
    I'll just chime in and say that it would be lovely if a Tapatalk plugin can be installed for the forum and I would love to see it implemented. But I also recognize that this is and will be a pretty big undertaking for the forum admin, who's already have their hands full with regular forum maintenance and more.
    With respect, and whereas I totally understand the amount of time that Scott, Dan, and the rest put into the site, implementing Tapatalk is dead easy, and the instructions work like a charm. I'd be happy to put you in touch with the admin of another forum who did install it for her direct experience.
    Jason Anderson

Blog Entries

Well, if you are going to totally ignore this modest request, could you at least work on the code that squishes all of the threads so close together in the table within an individual forum? Between the thread title, the first line of the post, and the next thread title there is precious little blank space to separate the listings from each other. I truly have issues reading the forums since the changeover to 4.1 and it is affecting how often I come here.
    Jason Anderson

Blog Entries

I work through issues I see as I have time. The last upgrade ate up about 30-40 hours of time I wasn't prepared for and I'm still doing some random trouble-shooting. In regard to your repeated calls about a plug-in for web enabled, one posting was enough, thank you. I saw it the first time and don't like being called out in public, which I find, quite frankly, very annoying--particularly when I know good and well you have my email address and we've met face-to-face. Enabling this for phones is not the highest thing on my priority list at the moment so I'll get to it when I'm ready on my time.

Also, I have no idea what this threads being close together reference is. Since I've had no other single comment about this, you're welcome to post a screen shot of this problem.

Sorry if this forum doesn't do it for you or I don't personally respond to your requests as you think I should. It's a big internet and you're welcome to move on if you don't like it.
    Last edited by Scott Tichenor; Sep-12-2010 at 2:22pm.

I'd love this forum being tapatalk enough and surely the company behind it will be more than helpful.
    all the knots get back to the comb.