Thread: Masters of the Mandolin Available Again

Exclamation Masters of the Mandolin Available Again

Dear All,

Thanks for your patience. This morning I sent a shipment of Master's of the Mandolin Books to Elderly Instruments.

Special thanks to Scott Tichenor and Dan McIntee at Elderly for their patience and trust in me. This project could not continue without their support.

The book is back in stock at Elderly Instruments, and that is the best place to order it from. As I've noted before, it is my intention to try and keep this book available at least for the next 50 years. It is true that it is not my first priority, but it is important to me and I know it is important to you. The copies are made as Dave made them, i.e. there is an intentional blank page or two and the pages are not always numbered. If you find that there has been an omission in the book, I'm always more than happy to make good on that, and you can contact me regarding any problems.

Yes I am still trying to figure out the best way to make Art in America available again.

More news on that and another book project in the very near future.

Meanwhile, I can continue to restock with Elderly on a regular basis once again.

Thanks again for your interest in Dave Peters and in keeping his art alive.

Sincerely,

miss sunnie
    Last edited by miss sunnie; Jun-28-2010 at 10:39am. Reason: spelling error
    miss sunnie

Default Re: Masters of the Mnadolin Available Again

Awesome, and thanks for all the hard work. It's great you are keeping Dave's legacy alive.

Default Re: Masters of the Mnadolin Available Again

You are Welcome, Thanks for your support....Sorry I've got a spelling error in the title---Scott---help ! please....well...guess it is fixed after all..... thanks again for your support!

sunnie
    miss sunnie

Default Re: Masters of the Mandolin Available Again

That's strange, I just got an invoice back from Elderly last Friday canceling my order because the book was "Out of Print".

On another note, I bought a used copy of this book, which is spiral bound, and some of the pages are out of order in a way that makes it somewhat harder to follow some of the tunes.

Thanks for re-stocking- this is a great resource!

Thank you for all that you do, Sunnie!

I want everyone to know that Sunnie does all this (reprinting the Masters book and the Art in America album) on top of a job and kids for no compensation, the foundation basically just supports itself. People need to know about David, and this foundation is one of the few things keeping his name and material alive. David was one of the best mandolin players that ever lived, I truly believe we would be having "Thile Vs Peters" arguments were he alive today. The Masters of the Mandolin book is an invaluable tool for all improvising mandolin players. A lifetime of incredible licks scattered throughout this collection, and, above all, a hand-written legacy for the incomparable David Peters. Highly recommended. Thanks again, Sunnie.
    2016 Ellis F5
    2007 Gibson Sam Bush
    1924 Gibson A Jr.
    1913 R. Calace Brevettato 900
    Espresso
    Youtube

Thanks for your support, and Jordan, thanks for your kind words as well.
    When Dave saw Chris Thile, he nodded in his direction and said,"There's the next generation." .

Here's some things that I feel I need to explain:

Elderly lists the book "out of print" whenever I have a large gap in sending them orders.
    So, StevenS, it was true at the time when they sent that to you. I had not updated them for quite some time, I'm sorry about that.
    This does happen. I try not to let it be so, but it does. I don't do this for a living. I have a job in research which often is very demanding, and it eats up my time. I also have two kids, ages 11 and 14, and I'm a single mom. But Dave was and still is very very important to me and I have worked with passion to continue the availablility of this book and I will continue to work in this way as much as I can. It is the support of all of you in this Cafe, and Scott Tichenor(I know I must drive him crazy !), and Dan at Elderly which paves the way for this to continue. It is true that in my personal life in the past 18 months I had some trials and tribulations and this affected all aspects of my life, but you-all still asked about the book---Scott Tichenor referred me to the posts this spring and somehow I gathered it all up and worked to get good editions done again. So, my life is better now, and I'm once again fully stocked and have sent the books onto Elderly, they should be arriving there by the end of this week, and others probably by the beginning of next week. So please, resend your order and believe me, I will make it happen for Elderly to fill it. It's true that the book itself has some inconsistencies in its pagination. I've kept with the original design. If you buy a book from Elderly and you have a problem, please contact me, I will fix it, period, full stop.

I had the same policy with Art in America, if you bought it and you didn't like it, send it back, I'll refund your money.

I try to do my best with all of this. For those of you who have been chomping at the bit, I apologize.

I'm still hoping to put more than Art in America out there and I'm about ready to conquer some of that. Then also I need to reissue Art in America as well and I've considered some sort of a downloadable service to do this...I've asked here before----does anyone have any ideas about this?

Lastly there is a book to come out soon, but I'm holding back on telling you anything more about it than just that. It will be available through Elderly and you will hear about it through Mandolin Cafe.

....probably in the next month or so...

Thanks again, and please feel free to voice your thoughts, that's a freedom that Dave treasured very much.

Sincerely,

miss sunnie
    miss sunnie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miss sunnie View Post
    I'm still hoping to put more than Art in America out there and I'm about ready to conquer some of that. Then also I need to reissue Art in America as well and I've considered some sort of a downloadable service to do this...I've asked here before----does anyone have any ideas about this?
    Check your work email. I sent you a note about this very subject this a.m. and there's someone very high profile offering to do this for this recording.

Thanks Scott, I appreciate this. I have since seen the email. Thanks very much.
    miss sunnie