Thread: Anybody have any experience with this instrument or seller...

Default Anybody have any experience with this instrument or seller...

Has anyone heard of John Rumley or RumleyWesternGuitars.com, or have experience with this emando?

http://cgi.ebay.com/electric-mandoli...item439e5a8464

I searched the forum for rumley and didn't get a single hit - which I found kind of surprising since I've seen these mandos (or maybe this same one) on eBay for a while now.

It doesn't look like a bad mando for the price, although it looks like maybe the nut is kind of high. Still, if the instrument is basically solid I don't mind reworking the nut and even leveling and crowning the frets if need be.

Oh, NFI, I'm not that John...

John

Default Re: Anybody have any experience with this instrument or seller...

I've exchanged some e-mail with John. I have to say his guitars look great. The mandolin on eBay is from a Saga kit. He does a nice job of customizing it, but that's what it is. If he ever builds one from scratch I'll list him on emando.com.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Thanks, Martin. I thought it looked kind of familiar - the SAGA kit would 'splain that!

I may just wait until I get done building the addition on my house and then tackle a kit myself.

Thanks,
    John

It's definitely a customed SAGA kit : you can see the hole from the bridge screw next to the new bridge.
    It's not expensive at all, and, yes, the nut needs a little work...
    Déjà Vu 5s 'Clockwork Orange 2' Emando - 'Clockwork Orange 3' Octave Emando - Goodtime Tenor Banjo - Former Framus mandocello
    Kasuga M50-Godin A8-Martella bowlback-Dunhuang Liuqin-Thüringer walddoline-2 Böhm waldzithers-electric waldzither-'Gelas' mandolin-domeback mandolin-Clearwater upgraded EMando

"A gentleman is a man who can play the bagpipe and who does not."