Thread: Gibson 1926 Found

I have stumbled upon an old Gibson, and before I leap head long into it, I'll ask for some input. It is an A Junior (this is still barely legible), and the sn is intact, although sn's are reused, I know the A Junior was only made for a few years. The seller has no solid paperwork on the instrument or documentation, so the year is as close as he could get with a fair degree of certainty after doing some research. All the parts, bridge, tuners, tailpiece, nut, etc, look original and appear to the correct ones for the mandolin. It has a couple of marks on the face and general wear. There is no case and it was found by the seller under the bed of a deceased aunt wrapped in a blanket. He is asking $1500.00 for it. Should I snatch this one up? I personally would not be able to keep it due to price, (and the fact that I don't like sleeping on the couch) but if there is any interest out there I could possibly procure it for another individual. Keep in mind, I am not in this business or claim to know that much about these, I just came across this old mandolin and thought I would put it out there if someone else is looking for such an item.

There's a 1927 A-Jr in the classifieds here for $850.
    Steve

Yes, I think that's way too much money.

.............Just returned from my first trip to the classifieds. That is a little high. I just got excited when I saw the date on it. It pays to ask questions. Oh, boy, now I have even more mandolins to look at. Thanks guys......