Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: keyboard problems

Blog Entries

Default Re: keyboard problems

That's fine, but the reason I am pointing this out is because many people do not understand the technology and don't know the difference between a blog, a forum and a web site. The Mandolin Cafe has never hosted a single Flash file in its history because it's not allowed. Only .gif and .jpg image formats are allowed as avatars. The article has nothing to do with this site and in particular, nothing to do with this forum.

AND...avatars are used on this website. AND...they are uploaded. The issue of web vulnerability via uploads is hardly limited to Flash. That's my point. I didn't word it as an accusation, so please don't take it that way.

The recent breach in my website was caused by 2 lines of uploaded javascript that overwrote two commonly named style sheet files used in many websites. And then out to pollute the world. We located the code in the style sheets quite quickly. But until we found the original 2 bad lines hidden deep within the folder hierarchy, the style sheets kept getting rewritten with bad code when anybody visited our site.
    Explore some of my published music here.

—Jim

Sierra F5 #30 (2005)
    Altman 2-point (2007)
    Portuguese fado cittern (1965)

Blog Entries

An avatar is nothing more than an image, only .gif and .jpg allowed on this site, the same as what people are posting by the dozens each day in threads all over the forum. We have around 50K of them stored. If you don't believe it, try uploading a Flash document and see what happens. "Avatar" is just a NAME given the image's function. I stand by my statement. Your concerns have nothing to do with this site, but possibly a lot about yours, which appears to be run by some GUI web-based publishing system for publishing static pages.