Thread: Auguat 28th my home :

Blog Entries

Default Auguat 28th my home :

Guess this is the place to post this, I'm still pumped up about it, but this past Friday night starting at : 7:15 and ending Saturday morning at 3:15 was one of the highlights of my picking life. I had some pickers I've known for some time all together in my home for the first time and all of them are good enough to be picking pro with anybody, and we flat out made some of the best Bluegrass music I've ever had the honor of helping make. Twin fiddles, singing, banjers, guitars, mandolin, bass fiddles, all of it was GREAT. I believe we did Mr. William Smith Monroe proud. We didn't play one song that was done by anybody else, but Mr. Monroe, early Flatt and Scruggs, Jim And Jesse, Reno and Smiley, Mac Wiseman, Lilley Brothers, Stanley Brothers, gosh it was awesome ! I got it all digiatlly recorded, been listening to it today, man I been picking since 1965 and have jammed with several pro musicians over the years, none of them any better than what was in my living room Friday night. I am one lucky individual. I know this won't mean squat to most if any of ya'll but I just had to post it. If I could pick with folks like that every week I believe it would cure me of every health issue I have. Thank God for having friends and musicians like that , that were willing to come together in my home. I'll never forget it as long as I live ! Ya'll have a blessed day.

Registered User Tracy Ballinger's Avatar

Default Re: Auguat 28th my home :

That's awesome! So glad you had the opportunity. Music and friends are good for the soul, and making music with friends just takes the cake!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Tucker View Post
    That's awesome! So glad you had the opportunity. Music and friends are good for the soul, and making music with friends just takes the cake!
    That my friend is the gospel truth.

sound like fun, wish I was there ... was there any food?

I love pickin parties! LOL!

So when do we hear the audio? Come on, give it up!
    "I thought I knew a lot about music. Then you start digging and the deeper you go, the more there is."~John Mellencamp

"Theory only seems like rocket science when you don't know it. Once you understand it, it's more like plumbing!"~John McGann

"IT'S T-R-E-M-O-L-O, dangit!!"~Me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jim_n_virginia View Post
    sound like fun, wish I was there ... was there any food?

I love pickin parties! LOL!
    Plenty of vittles. Baked spagehtti, all kind of dips and chips, homemade ones not store bought. I got a champion wife who can flat lay the feed bag out there. Didn't nobody leave hungry or unhappy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Broyles View Post
    So when do we hear the audio? Come on, give it up!
    Will be a while before I can get enough cd's made for that. Got to make sure everyone that was there gets a copy first. It's going to take at least 5 cd's to hold all the tunes we did. We didn't take but one 30 minute break, did one tune after another, a couple of my friends is like walking Bluegrass songbooks, they just about know all the old tunes by the artist I mentioned, and can do 'em.

If you got them digital, just post mp3s of them to a free hosting site. You don't have to put it all up, just some highlights. I put a couple tunes up on zshare.
    "I thought I knew a lot about music. Then you start digging and the deeper you go, the more there is."~John Mellencamp

"Theory only seems like rocket science when you don't know it. Once you understand it, it's more like plumbing!"~John McGann

"IT'S T-R-E-M-O-L-O, dangit!!"~Me

Sounds like ya'll had big fun 300. I prefer the pure acoustic's of home concerts and informal kitchen jams much more with out electric amplifiers. Hope you have many more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Broyles View Post
    If you got them digital, just post mp3s of them to a free hosting site. You don't have to put it all up, just some highlights. I put a couple tunes up on zshare.
    Jim good suggestion, but you are talking to probably one of the most computer illiterate people that's ever been, heck man I've heard of mp3s but wouldn't know what one of them was not unless it come up and bit me. My picture you can see on here was installed by our youngest son on one of his visits home I don't even know how to do that. Getting one turned on, checking the weather, going to a few music sites including this one, and sending mail is the extent of my knowledge on this thing. I wished I did know al the tricks you can do. My wife does know how to post pictures at least on that facebook thing, but she is just a little smarter than I am on these things. So your idea although a good one ain't going to happen. sorry folks.