Thread: 8 String Electric Videos/Sound Clips

Default 8 String Electric Videos/Sound Clips

My band and I have just moved away from having an acoustic sound and are looking to move more towards jazz/electronic/experimental music. I really love my Kentucky 505 but I want a different tone for this new project (plus I might have MAS... maybe ). I have been wanting an electric, solid body, 8 string mandolin for a while now but do not know much about them and cannot find many helpful clips. So if anybody has a clip of themselves playing an 8 string electric and wants to show me that their mandolin sounds awesome, I'd be interested to see it. I'd be really interested in hearing/seeing an 8 string Jerman (because I think that is what I want) but I'm willing to be swayed in other directions. Opinions on 8 string emandos are also welcome but I think I want a custom built one.

Default Re: 8 String Electric Videos/Sound Clips

Here ya go...

http://www.manndolins.com/Clips%20and%20links.htm

Scroll down to the clip of the EM-8
    Steve Perry
    Sumi SF5 Birdseye

"Quit thinkin'... Just play"

I have a Mann em-8 that has a hollow body, which gives it a closer-to-traditional sound (along with acoustic amp) than a solid body. And then there is the semi-hollow body.....

If you really want that electric guitar sound and lots of sustain, then it's solid body.

Have you considered a 4 or 5 string solid body? You can hear a jazz style sound clip from one of my 4-string electrics, by Don Julin at www.jazzmando.com
    John
    www.jlsmithmandolins.com