Thread: Compton/Long Show

Has anyone been to the Compton and Long duet concert yet? It's coming to Wichata Falls down here in TX and I was going to go hear it. I wanted to know if I should drive the 5 hours to hear them.

i contemplated a road trip to KS to hear them (from CO) so 5 hours is doable. should be a great show.
    Proud owner of:

Bill Davis F5 #10502
    Martin 000-M

I saw them in Berkeley last tour.........there was a workshop next day too. Hey you can't see Big Mon anymore this is the next best thing if you're interested in seeing the Monroe style demonstrated. They did Bros. style duets, some singing, a lot of instrumentals.......Long is a darn good young picker too, but Compton is the real deal.

Well then, I think I might just go. It'll be a treat for my grandmother's birhtday.

Registered Person

Seeing them in Madison on Saturday. Hope MandoAndy finds a place for the workshop. If you're reading this,MA, let me know!!!!!!

All,

I've updated my site with all the info (at least most) for our little tour this week. If you have any questions about these shows and workshops, feel free to call me on the road and I can give you any additional info that you may need. Thanks.

http://www.bigevemusic.com/shows2004.htm

Impovingly,
    David Long
    (412)953-7289

Just got back from the show in Wichita Falls. It was absolutely amazing. If you are a Monroe-style fan, these two are a must see. Heck, they are a must see for any mandolin player. Not to mention they are two of the nicest guys you'll meet. I hadn't had anyone hand me a Gilcrest and say, "Here, try it out." Mike played a Gil F-4 on a couple of tunes and it sounded wonderful. I love the oval hole sound on Monroe tunes. So, if you are anywhere near where these guys are playing, you owe it to yourself to go. Take off work early, get a baby sitter and go. You won't be disappointed. Now if we can only get them to do a recording together............

Shaun

I also attended the show in Wichita Falls and I have to say, they are masters of the mandolin. Their skill far surpasses that of anyone I have heard live. Even though they are very talented, they are also very nice men. I talked to both of them at some length. If you can, catch this show! I was wary about traveling the 5-6 hrs to see them, but, I would gladly drive even longer!

I still have 3 spaces available for the Compton/ Long workshop in Chicago.
    Feel free to contact me if you're interested.

Thanks,
    - Alana
    bicycleprincess@sbcglobal.net