Thread: Signal Processors

I have been trying out various processors with my Fender FM-61SE mando. #Combining a Boss Equalizer with a Boss Reverb/delay pedal makes for some interesting sounds, but so far the ultimate has been going through the equalizer into a Boss M-50 processor. #Is anybody else out there playing through processors? #If so, would sure like to exchange information on generating sounds of mystery and dissonance.

I play a Godin A-8 through either a Digitech G2X. #I don't end up using a lot of the effects, but it's fun to have some options.

Frank

I use Danelectro pedals -- the big ones, not the little cheesy ones. Overdrive, chorus, echo, the overdrive being by far the most useful.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Has anyone tried one of these?
    Guitar Port. I love the idea, I'm just wondering if they're any good?

/Magnus

got a Yam DG stomp, lots of tones included plus knobs to tweak tone parameters, though I wish they didn't model the background hum of a tube amp,(on some overdrive program modeling) with some open ground issues.
    New one 'Magic stomp' has web up/download capacity, cheaper too, go figure!

writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

Boss pedals? For my 4 string solid I carry this lot in a shoulder bag:Graphic, for "tone of the day"- the new phaser you can tap the tempo in to it, - BF2 flanger gives me a lesie type sound- The old analogue delay works great for moody spaciousness or a slap back.
    For the 8 string solid I wouldnt touch modulation FX with a barge pole cos everything goes mushy when the strings trigger the circuit twice.
    If our band is doing a gig where we're "puttin on a show" I take my Roland 201 space echo which sounds absolutely wonderful.
    I cant afford these new digital multi fx but I ve held on to a few classics along the way!

Rock on past the boundries!
    Al

Does anyone have experience with the POD XT from Line6? I heared great thing about it for guitar, and was wondering how it would sound with a mandolin
    I've always been crazy, but it kept me from going insane! (W.J.)

Syncopation rules the nation! (S.J.)