Thread: Andrew jerman

Quietly Making Noise Dave Greenspoon's Avatar

Dear fellow Café members-

I’d like to share a wonderful (imho) story about Andrew Jerman. #I had contacted him about purchasing one of his mandolins. #After a number of e-mails back and forth clarifying the process, I asked to be placed on his notification list. #I had a stated preference for a specific style and color, but understood that it would be the luck of the draw as to what was available when it was my turn on his notification list. #

When Melissa posted a Jerman-built mando in the classifieds, I was thrilled to see the exact mando I had asked Andrew about; “a two-point cremona sunburst like #11 on your gallery page.” #I started negotiations with Melissa for Jerman #11 #with the idea that if I ended up with the mando I’d contact Andrew and asked to be removed from his list. #Melissa and I had not yet concluded all the details to the deal when I received an e-mail from Andrew. #He wanted to let me know that the mando I was ideally looking for had been posted in the Café classifieds.

I was simply astounded by Andrew’s e-mail. #Let’s be honest: #how many people would defer selling an exclusively produced, new product so that a buyer could buy their “used” product on the aftermarket? #I cannot imagine that there are many who would. #I felt that Andrew’s concern for my preferences was exceptional. #He opted to forego an additional sale and more money in his own pocket simply so I could get the mandolin that I really wanted.

So right now my check is in the mail to Melissa, and I expect a new axe by this time next week. #I haven’t touched it or heard it, so I cannot comment on things like fit-and-finish, feel, and sound. #Even so, if the mandolin is half the instrument that its maker is a man, I’m certain that I’m going to be deeply satisfied with it for years to come.

I hope that Andrew will forgive me any embarrassment I have caused by this unsolicited response to this experience. # #He didn’t know it was coming, but he certainly “had it coming to him.”

Dave Greenspoon
    Rigel A Nat (w/customizations) #1774
    MK L-O #xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    My grandmother’s bent-top label-less Stewart/Regal/? ? ?
    Vega “Regent” bowlback
    The army-navy style Keith made me that started it all
    And anxiously awaiting the arrival of Jerman #11
    Axes: Eastman MD-515 & El Rey; Eastwood S Mandola
    Amps: Fishman Loudbox 100; Rivera Clubster Royale Recording Head & R212 cab; Laney Cub 10

I'll second that. Andrew is just finishing up my "mini-me" Les Paul, and he's been a pleasure to work with,keeping me posted during the whole process, sending pics, etc. Yesterday he emailed me to let me know that it will be ready to go on Friday:laugh:
    We'll have to compare notes once we get our mandos.
    Got wood? Outstanding handcrafted pennywhistles in exotic hardwoods and durable polymer.
    #WWW.Busmanwhistles.com

Rabbi Dave: So you were the one who outbid me on that mandolin! Best of luck with it; it looks like a beauty. Maybe we can meet sometime. You can show me your new Jerman and I'll let you play my Yiddish mandolins.

Michael

Quietly Making Noise Dave Greenspoon's Avatar

Michael-

It sounds like a guntze mamishe plan to me.

I look forward to the brief swap; that archtop mando of yours is beautiful.

Enjoy Yom HaAtzmaut!

Dave
    Axes: Eastman MD-515 & El Rey; Eastwood S Mandola
    Amps: Fishman Loudbox 100; Rivera Clubster Royale Recording Head & R212 cab; Laney Cub 10

I've had my Jerman emando for several months now, and I am really enjoying it. #I was lucky enough to get a "scratch and dent" deal on a Les Paul mini-style, and ended up only spending a hundred or so above the cost of a new KM300E or a Mandobird (while making a huge leap forward in quality over emandos in that price range). #Andrew is an honest guy who will do what you ask for, and is quick to respond to any concerns or technical support issues that may arise. #I would highly recommend doing business with him. #I liked my Mandobird and my Kentucky KM300E a lot, but this is a whole different level of quality, and for not a whole lot more $$. #Frank

FJ Russell

Es mejor morir de pie que vivir de rodillas. E. Zapata

Stop it, guys! Mine is due to arrive tomorrow, and I'm chewing my fingernails waiting for it...
    Got wood? Outstanding handcrafted pennywhistles in exotic hardwoods and durable polymer.
    #WWW.Busmanwhistles.com

My Jerman arrived today and altough I've only had a very little time to play it, I'm VERY pleased so far. More to follow...
    #WWW.Busmanwhistles.com