Thread: Electric mandolin tasting

I am trying to see if there would be any interest in an emando tasting at the Midwest Mandolin Festival in June. I am trying to rally some electrics for the event. So far, I will have a couple of mine, a Mandobird VIII, a Risa, a KM-300 and maybe a Schwab. Anyone else interested in bringing an instrument? An amp?

Andrew

What exactly is this festival, and where does it take place. I live in Minnesota, and would possibly be able to attend, although I'm usually playing a gig on weekends.
    Chief. Way up North. Gibson 1917 A model with pickup. JL Smith 5 string electric. 1929 National Triolian resonator mandolin with pickup. National RM 1 with pickup. Ovation Applause. Fender FM- 60 E 5 string electric (with juiced pickups). 1950's Gibson EM-200 electric mandolin. 1954 Gibson EM-150 electric mandolin. Custom made "Jett Pink" 5 string electric- Bo Diddley slab style. Jay Roberts Tiny Moore model 5 string electric.

Is this the 2nd weekend in June again? #It always conflicts with Lotus Dickey Hometown Reunion and Beanblossom for me.

It's near Indy. #A quick search yielded this. I'll have to put that on the calendar.

Midwest Mandolin Festival

Quote Originally Posted by
    The Fourth Annual Midwest Mandolin Festival, presented by the Mandolin Society of Central Indiana, is confirmed for Saturday June 7, 2008, at Eagle Creek Park Marina Stage in Indianapolis, 11:00am - 8:00pm. #FREE with paid admission to the park ($4.00/car). #For the first time this year we have 2 nationally known mandolin players! #Rich DelGrosso and Andra Faye will perform! #Rich will conduct a blues mandolin workshop the following day, just before the Yank Rachell CD Release Party at the Indiana History Center in Indianapolis, click here for details. #At the festival there will be two FREE workshops by festival performers at 11:00am: #Myra Dworski and Jon Hall will conduct a beginning mandolin workshop focusing on chords and back-up playing, and Jim Richter will conduct an intermediate level blues mandolin wokshop. #The performances will begin at Noon; #the following acts are tentatively scheduled to perform and teach FREE workshops:

Intermediate level blues mandolin workshop: #Jim Richter
    Scot
    Bloomington, IN
    http://www.thebloomingtones.com/ (The Bloomingtones Website)
    The Bloomingtones MySpace Site (The Bloomingtones Website)

That's a little far for me to go. I also have to work that weekend, and have a gig that Sat. night. But it looks like a nice festival.
    Chief. Way up North. Gibson 1917 A model with pickup. JL Smith 5 string electric. 1929 National Triolian resonator mandolin with pickup. National RM 1 with pickup. Ovation Applause. Fender FM- 60 E 5 string electric (with juiced pickups). 1950's Gibson EM-200 electric mandolin. 1954 Gibson EM-150 electric mandolin. Custom made "Jett Pink" 5 string electric- Bo Diddley slab style. Jay Roberts Tiny Moore model 5 string electric.

It sure would be fun to bring some emandos out! Andrew, can I stay at your place?
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Sure, I'll put you up. In fact, my wife and son will be out of town so I'll be a bachelor for the weekend. PM me.