Thread: Merfefest,who's going this year?

Just wondering since it starts Friday. Look for Don and his new Red Diamonds, he will most likely be in a lawn chair by the little cabin stage area, listening to music.

Registered User Mark Richardson's Avatar

I am leaving southern Indiana early tomorrow morning for MereleFest. I will be car camping again. I have a site reserved in the Moravian Falls CG, but I will swing by Bandits Roost CG on the Kerr Scott Reservoir to see if I can get in there. I think it might be a little more scenic and true camping like. I understand it is mostly first-come first-serve. I will not hold my breath.

According to the program MerleFest begins on Thursday at 3:00 pm, not Friday. I will probably cut out on Sunday morning for my ten hour solo drive home. I will miss Jerry Douglas and Abigail and Bela, but I will see them in Telluride in June. My wife and I stay in the same hotel as they do in Telluride. The past few years Jerry and his wife have been in the room next to ours, with Jeff Austin of Yonder Mountain in the room next to us on the other side.

I will be bringing my Eastman MD814. Leaving my San Juan F5 safe at home.

Rick,

Don't miss Thursday. The main stage is the Stringdusters, Laurie Lewis, Blue Highway. Marty Stewart, Old Crow and Doc. Not a bad lineup to start the festival. Twelfth year for me.

It looks like the jamming tents are in the same location as last year, next to the dance tent. Poor choice. The area is way to loud for a jam area. Other than that, I love this festival.
    Jeff A

I will certainly be there again this year. I will look for cafe tshirts and will spend some time at the picking tents and at Rivers Edge Campground.

Bud
    Bud Martin
    http://www.mrbbluegrass.com
    Kimble A5
    Kimble F5
    Gibson F4
    Old Wave F5

If any of you guys have backstage acess at Watson Stage come by and say hi. I work in the "Artist Instrument Lockup". I'm the tall guy fondeling the mandos!!

Terry

Hey Mark, I'll be camping in Moravian with a bunch of pickin' buddies. I'll have my Old Wave F, an upright bass, a guitar, and an out-of-town music friend all packed into my little VW Golf (it's white).

Look me up.

Zack
    Member since 2003!

I probably saw a lot of you at Merlefest. Maybe even picked with some of you. I was the old guy with the leather Jacaru (sic?) hat. I sat in on jam at most of the pickin' tents.