Thread: Whats Josh Pinkham pickin on?

Since we are on the subject, What mandolin is Josh Pinkham Pickin these days? And what are some of its specs? And if anyones had a chance to speak to Josh what are some specs you've heard him say he looks for in a mando? such as radius size,if he even likes a radius at all, tuners, fret size, tone woods, and anything else that you may have heard.

Tennessee (Still Missing North Carolina Though!)

Lots of questions Demetrius! #I would suggest emailing Josh or Chris and they can help you out more than we can since we don't play their mandos. Also, specs don't do it dude if you are looking for that sound. You would be very wise to look at your right hand. That's where it is at. Everyone pulls very similar tone regardless of the mando they are holding.

If F-model mandolins have F-holes then why don't A-model mandolins have A-holes???

Yeh you are right about that, Im just a spec geek I guess.
    Just like hearing about whats intruiging to other pickers.
    You got any spec favs aswell?

Tennessee (Still Missing North Carolina Though!)

Dude, I am a tech head also and I understand all of that but you just must realize that what works for someone else might not do it for you. #Just get your own specs and one day someone may be asking you what your favorites are. #I do have my personal favs but they are probably irrelevant. #I have very strong hands and play my action high, I love mandolins regardless of the top wood as long as they sound great, and I don't have any preference besides that certain sound I look for. #It doesn't matter about how the mando is produced or what wood is involved in the process. #As long is it is great, that it is!

If F-model mandolins have F-holes then why don't A-model mandolins have A-holes???

Josh is pickin on one of Skip kellys mandolins. Killer aint it. Lp
    J.Lane Pryce

Ive never played a kelly before, Id like to try one
    So Mando Jeremy I should email Pinkham and Chris eh? , If you got am email address along with that suggestion I'd be more than happy to. Otherwise the cafe might have to do. Everyone seems to be great about answering questions on here reguardless. What kind of mandolin do you play?