About 20 years ago I ordered a kit that was a mini telecaster guitar. I seem to remember that it was able to take normal sets of guitar strings and instead of an E tuning it was A guitar tuning. It has a 16 3/8" scale and a single telecaster neck pick up. Any way I was pretty young and did not really know what I was doing but it worked ok as a guitar. I eventually loaned it to my little brothers to learn on. They have since grown up and moved out and the guitar was returned to me. It has been sitting around and I decided to do something with it. I originally was going to fix it up for my daughter to learn on. I strung it with a set of light guitar strings and tuned the top 5 strings to CGDAE and tuned the sixth string until the tension felt about right (i figured it would add some kind of bass notes,) anyway, that wound up at a low G. Perfect!! Since the scale is a bit long and the high E is a squeek tight but completely manageable. Plugged it into my Champ and man it sounds pretty good. I have some adjustments to do (string slot height and intonation and saddle height) but it looks like it will work out fine! Free Emando (I think the kit was $39 originally) that I built, plugged into a Champ amp I built from a kit. Pretty satisfying stuff! My Moonlight in Vermont doesn't sound half bad...not Johnny Smith but acceptable! Now to source the right flatwounds and I will really have it going on!!