Thread: Pricetone instruments

I just wanted to make a post here again recommending people looking into Lewis Price at Pricetone mandolins. I just purchased a guitar from him, and the just like the mandolin I already own, the sound quality in this instrument is amazing. His prices are also very reasonable. His guitar is modeled after the Martin HD-28 and the sound it produces stands up to the three HD-28s I put it against. The instrument is VERY balanced and has the great low end, without feeling boomy. This guitar is LOUD and when played with the mandolin I purchased from him previously make an excellent pair.

There is also something to be said about the personal service I have always received from Mr. Price. An example of this is my mandolin. Over the years of wear and tear ( I play this instrument a LOT) the intonation and the action were really suffering. I sent my mandolin down to SC from Wisconsin and he turned fixed it and made it just awesome. He received the instrument on Monday and it was in my hands the following Saturday. The intonation is amazing, the playability is like butter. He really support was he makes.

The other aspect to all of this great quality and service is the price. According to Mr. Price, he is still getting 2500 for a mandolin and 2000 for a guitar. Both of these instruments can “hang” with much more expensive examples of mandolins and guitars so the value, the service, and sound combined makes Pricetone Instruments an excellent value.

I have no financial interest in this, just a very happy customer. Please check them out in the builder database or just give him and his wife a call.

Links to pics:

http://www.mandolincafe.net/cgi-bin....y570009

Great looking instruments! Love the back on that mando...

Great instruments and great people. That's what makes a good buying experience.