Thread: Calace cd

From where did you order it, Eugene?

Jim
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

In person at the local Borders Books & Music. It's technically more a "hold upon release" than an order. They host our guitar society meetings, so I try to offer my support via commerce when I can.

Very nice Alison. (BTW, it is now available for pre-order at #Amazon.)

Unrelated question Alison: did Mr. Ogden arrange the guitar part for RV 425 on Music from the Novels of Louis de Bernières, or might it be available as sheet music for a duet somewhere? I would love to work on that as a duet with my guitarist brother (although I have no illusions that we will perform it near as well as you two did on that recording -- but your arrangement and performance are inspiring

"The problem with quotes on the internet, is everybody has one, and most of them are wrong."
    ~ Mark Twain

Mandolin shirts, hats, case stickers, & more at my Zazzle storefront

Hi Jim,
    Thanks for your kind words.....
    Yes that was Craig's own arrangement but it can be purchased as a mandolin and guitar duet in various editions. The guys here, no doubt, know which is best.....I'd avoid the Behrend one......we are planning to publish our version eventually via Astute Music.
    All the best

Ali

Congrats on the new CD Ali! #The samples sound great. #I just pre-ordered mine through Amazon. #Thanks for the heads-up on that Jim M. #
    --Linda

My pre-order is complete. Thanks for the headsup and link.

Love the picture, Alison. Still, an easy, pleasant job for the photographer.

Awwwww shucks......
    Thanks

Check out Bob A, working it to try to get a free CD........Let me know if it works. So the CD happens to come out on September 25th, which just happens to be my birthday. hint, hint. I'm looking forward to hearing all tracks. From what I have heard so far it will be one of my favorites.

Chris......

Happy birthday, Chris.

Actually, I'm not angling for a freebie; just a little online mash note. I have a fondness for beautiful women, and I enjoy making them blush. (It's great for the complexion).

Picked up a copy in HMV Cambridge (UK) at lunchtime today - I'd gone in just to browse and it just jumped out at me #

Absolutely fantastic. Excellent job on the sleeve notes, too. Hard to believe there is only one mandolin playing in some places...

How exciting that its actually hit the shops at last. Thanks for buying it.
    Ali

Ali:
    When will you book your American tour to promote this CD? Long overdue, eh?

Jim
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Quote Originally Posted by (Acquavella @ Aug. 30 2007, 00:43)
    Check out Bob A, working it to try to get a free CD. <snip> So the CD happens to come out on September 25th, which just happens to be my birthday. hint, hint.
    As if Chris weren't trying to get one free! Actually, MY birthday is September 4, but I will buy one to support the cause. I did get a lovely mandolin cylinder recording from Alex, though!

Quote: As if Chris weren't trying to get one free!

Well, of course I am. I have also already ordered a copy as well. Don't fret. You can't blame a chap for trying.

Google sent me this link:
    Calace CD.

What does that mean: "Best Price: £4.59 - From Blah DVD"

Blah

Hardly!

Jim
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:

I just thought to check our college's subscription to the online Naxos Music Library and was delighted to find this CD waiting for me. It looks like it was loaded on Sept. 1.

The first few minutes are very beautiful. It won't be easy to concentrate on work for the next hour!

So, if you're in the US and can't wait until the 25th you could subscribe to Naxos and at least hear the streaming audio version.

John G.

Hmmm, I wonder if my university subscribes. I might have to explore.

I linked to the Naxos link on the news page here and there is a link to downloadable files with pdf cover at Classics Online.

It looks like they have some other interesting ones including Spaghetti Rag and Detlef Tewes' Romantic Musical Moments.

Jim
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:

For those wanting to order from Amazon, be aware that the CD will not be found if you search for "Alison Stephens", but will if you search for "Calace". This is because for reasons unknown, they have entered only the name "Stephens" as performer into their listing, no first name. Threw me a bit at first.

Amazon.com ($9.98)

Amazon.co.uk (GBP4.99)

Glad to see that for once, the respective prices actually follow the exchange rate between dollar and pound.

Martin

I just ordered mine.

I was terrible ill yesterday, but did manage to get out and pick up my copy tonight. I haven't listened to the whole yet, but my first impressions are exactly as I'd expected: beautifully clean and sparkling tone, controlled and tastefully metered interpretations, yummy. I'm looking forward to feasting in full.

Lucky Eu. Amazon just emailed me that they're experiencing a delay, should arrive in early October.

Hi Bob,
    I was rather hoping that the choas surrounding the release here in the UK wouldn't spill into the USA. There are people who ordered from major retailers here in the first week of release (week beginning 27th Aug) who have only just got their copies or who are still waiting! Some stores have been very good, some have been very poor!
    If its any good to you - I noticed that Amazon (USA) are also offering the whole album or individual tracks as a download (mp3). I didn't actually try it to see if its working yet....but there is another store called Classics Online who are also offering it as a download.
    Anyway, the good news is that it is the No.1 seller in one of the main online UK classical music stores! (Crotchet) - ahead of Juan Diego Flores!
    Thanks for all your continued support.
    Eugene - I really hope it has lived up to your expectations.........
    All the best
    Ali

"Lucky Eu. Amazon just emailed me that they're experiencing a delay, should arrive in early October."

I got the same message.
    Bill Foley

I got a message from Amazon yesterday that mine shipped. It sounds like they didn't stock enough of them initially to meet the demand and they're waiting to get more in. Silly Amazon. Now they know....