Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 143536373839

Thread: More ebay emandos

Hi John. I don't think this one's a kit mando. It has the headstock decal and is probably one of the ones built by Don MacRostie and sold through StewMac as a completed instrument. These are rare; the price back in the mid-80s was $500-600 IIRC; and it has the Parsons-White string bender; so I don't think the asking price of $900 is out of whack at all. I haven't encountered more than 2 or 3 of these in the whole time I've been chasing electric mandolins.

I had one of the kit StewMacs in stock for a while (no bender, no sunburst, no decal) and sold it for $600. The one on eBay is a significant upgrade from that.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Donaldson Wood Thormahlen Andersen Old Wave Bacorn Yanuziello Fender National Gibson Franke Fuchs Aceto Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by (mrmando @ June 13 2008, 14:57)
    Hi John. I don't think this one's a kit mando. It has the headstock decal and is probably one of the ones built by Don MacRostie and sold through StewMac as a completed instrument. These are rare; the price back in the mid-80s was $500-600 IIRC; and it has the Parsons-White string bender; so I don't think the asking price of $900 is out of whack at all. I haven't encountered more than 2 or 3 of these in the whole time I've been chasing electric mandolins.

I had one of the kit StewMacs in stock for a while (no bender, no sunburst, no decal) and sold it for $600. The one on eBay is a significant upgrade from that.
    Thanks for the info.! I didn't know StewMac sold completed instruments. I guess that is why I hang out here - love to learn.

The bender looks interesting - what do you know about that? Has anyone else built a mando with the bender? Is it hard to use? Is it even useful?
    Johneeaaddgg

This one looks interesting, a 1986 from Jeff Harrison of Unicorn, despite the out-of-focus listing photos. Is anyone familiar with his e-mando work? Impressions?

Nice birdseye.

Adding picture for posterity.

Blog Entries

Default Re: More ebay emandos

Ted and I had a discussion about this thread and decided to close it and to have these posted in the future in a more current thread in the eBay section. In the process I moved some of the more recent posts into the other one so the are no longer a part of this older thread.