Thread: Non-adjustable Gibson Bridge Source

I have a mid 30's Kalamazoo KM-11 with the non-adjustable bridge. The one I have works but one end is broken off. I was looking at it this morning trying to decide if I was just make a duplicate out of some ebony I picked up in Nazareth a few years ago (or just ignore it) when it suddenly struck me that someone somewhere might actually make these. They appear to be the same as the bridges on the Army-Navy and the Gibson pancakes, etc. Does anyone have a source for these?

Someone posted here a couple of months or so back. I followed a link in their post and came across a list of many different fixed bridges of the kind you are talking about and similar. So yes, they are out there. I just don't recall exactly where. I think it had something to do with Red Henry bridges, and in fact it might even have been him. Not sure tho.....

Speaking of bridges, I've long wondered how one made from Osage Orange would react...

Ron

My wife says I don't pay enough attention to what she says....
    (Or something like that...)

Let me search under Red Henry. Thanks.

Diego
    I've made several bridges following Red's designs, and have noted various degrees of improvement on a number of instruments which were previously fitted with adjustable bridges. My most recent was for a 1913 H-2 mandola which came with a good adjustable bridge, and the improvement was quite noticable in terms of volume, tone and sustain.

Curt in NJ

I was looking at those on his web page. Heck, I was just trying to duplicate what was there originally. I might have to experiment.