Thread: Tabledit

I can't seem to transpose to another key with the Tabledit free version although I was told I could. When I hit the score link I am not even offered transpose as a sub link. What's up with that?

o2b.pickin

I was just posting a reply to your question in the previous thread, when I saw your new post ... so here it is again ;^)

only the full TablEdit program offers the menu choices to create, modify & save changes to a tef file ... if you're using the free TefView, you can only view & play the music files, not make any changes

you can test out the Demo version to see how you can create & modify files, but be warned that you can only save 16 measures (& tefview will only read files of 17 measures or more)

Keepin' tuned ...
    Wendy Anthony
    A Few of My Favourite Mandolin Links

MelBay MandolinSessions: Cindy

On the paid version, "Transpose" is an option under the Score menu. There is also a button to click for "Transpose". It's directly underneath the "Save" button, and it is the 4th button from the left on the 2nd row of buttons (Insert Measures, Delete Measures, Reading List, then Transpose). It has 2 half notes - one on the lower staff line, an arrow up to the next note on the upper line. If the free version has that button, maybe it'll work. Of course, you won't be able to save it once you transpose it.

You also need to remember to tell it to transpose ALL measures (from 1 to the last), and transpose ALL modules. If you don't, you'll have stuff going on with other intruments in different keys.

In the Table edit demo version, go to score, and click on transpose. In the text box put in the interval you would like to transpose to, and define the measures and modules.
    Todd Joles, handyman and aspiring luthier!

San Diego's own Rock Bottom Bluegrass!

Traditional music played without talent!

The greatest band you've never heard!

Here's another TablEdit question. I just reloaded the whole program after a computer crash and it works great except the print preview doesn't do anything. Any idea what the problem is? It's nice feature for editing prior to printing or just for seeing more of the score without it moving.Thanks.