Thread: I kept up with the Dawg today!

Default I kept up with the Dawg today!

...in his opening solo of Long Journey Home with Doc Watson from the Home is Where the Heart is cd. That is, until the closing run of that solo, which I can only play at 3/4 speed. But I’ll take it! After months of slowing everything way down to work on tone and precision, it was way fun to take a solo like that and work it out and let it rip. It helps that it’s really simple until that last run. Great solo to work on to practice keeping the right hand going, stressing key notes and relaxing on the connecting notes, with a simple left hand. And it’s Grisman.

2. The following members say thank you to Mark Miller for this post:

Default Re: I kept up with the Dawg today!

My daughter is fond of telling a story about learning a piece on her cello. She told her teacher she didn't see how anyone could possibly play a certain run. He told her that basically no one could and to fake it as best as she could.

Congratulations on learning the piece.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

4. The following members say thank you to Br1ck for this post:

G7MOF 

Registered User mandolin breeze's Avatar

Congratulations Mark, that is no small task. I have myself, been in the Dawg Pound for many years thankfully. I remember when I finally got David’s break on Margie (Melody Monsters) down acceptably....feels good. I love that lead, but if I stay away too long, I’ve got to dial it back and work the speed back up again....but even that is a blast.

Congrats!