Thread: Bruno Royal Artist electric mandola

Default Bruno Royal Artist electric mandola

Just got one of these, it has been a joy to play and get to know. Looking through threads I see a few other mentions, who else has one? It has a 16" scale, came strung with PB strings that I'll need to replace with some from emando. It still sounds pretty good though. It does need some fret leveling on the higher frets. Here are a few pictures and videos I've made so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	274.3 KB 
ID:	171161

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	198.4 KB 
ID:	171162

2. The following members say thank you to Seter for this post:

Default Re: Bruno Royal Artist electric mandola

Hey Seter,

Yep, I have one identical to yours....well almost. I bought mine from a Cafe member in 2012. It came with a EMG direct replacement pickup installed (along with the original one sent seperate). Mine came strung with four strings with the nut cut for eight. I replaced the nut with a new ebony with more precise string spacings. Also (the horror!) I cut the headstock off above the bottom four tuners. Rounded the two corners to a small radius, sanded it down and called it good. Looks great and is a hoot to play. CGDA with either chrome or SS strings (don't recall which) 9/16/30/41. I use it with a Hall Of Fame Reverb pedal. That really makes it smooth. Good luck and have fun!
    Tony

4. The following members say thank you to ajh for this post:

Seter 

Quote Originally Posted by ajh View Post
    Hey Seter,

Yep, I have one identical to yours....well almost. I bought mine from a Cafe member in 2012. It came with a EMG direct replacement pickup installed (along with the original one sent seperate). Mine came strung with four strings with the nut cut for eight. I replaced the nut with a new ebony with more precise string spacings. Also (the horror!) I cut the headstock off above the bottom four tuners. Rounded the two corners to a small radius, sanded it down and called it good. Looks great and is a hoot to play. CGDA with either chrome or SS strings (don't recall which) 9/16/30/41. I use it with a Hall Of Fame Reverb pedal. That really makes it smooth. Good luck and have fun!
    Tony
    I think I have seen a youtube video of that one made by the seller. I use a TC Electronic T2 reverb which is pretty close to the Hall of Fame I think. I'll probably keep mine all original for now, though I could see getting the nut fixed up and perhaps the bridge as well. I'm taking it in for a fret leveling so we'll see what they say. I wonder how many of these were made altogether.

I had one years ago, but it didn't really work for anything I was doing at the time. I sold it to help finance a Roberts Tiny Moore model.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Swamis2.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	171179
    "it's not in bad taste, if it's funny" - john waters

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Rosett For This Useful Post:

Jess L.Seter 

Quote Originally Posted by John Rosett View Post
    I had one years ago, but it didn't really work for anything I was doing at the time. I sold it to help finance a Roberts Tiny Moore model.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Swamis2.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	171179
    I like the look of your band. Mine came from Idaho, I wonder if maybe it found its way over from Montana? I haven't been able to locate a serial number anywhere unfortunately.

Love that pic of the Swingin Swamis John!
    -----------
    Pete Martin
    www.PeteMartin.info
    Jazz and Bluegrass instruction books, videos, articles, transcriptions, improvisation, ergonomics, free recordings, private lessons

www.WoodAndStringsBand.com
    Jazz trio

www.AppleValleyWranglers.net
    Western Swing music

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin View Post
    Love that pic of the Swingin Swamis John!
    Yeah, those are some funky looking dudes!!!!
    Chief. Way up North. Gibson 1917 A model with pickup. JL Smith 5 string electric. 1929 National Triolian resonator mandolin with pickup. National RM 1 with pickup. Ovation Applause. Fender FM- 60 E 5 string electric (with juiced pickups). 1950's Gibson EM-200 electric mandolin. 1954 Gibson EM-150 electric mandolin. Custom made "Jett Pink" 5 string electric- Bo Diddley slab style. Jay Roberts Tiny Moore model 5 string electric.

Sam the Sham!