Thread: Boss TU-03 tuner?

Default Boss TU-03 tuner?

My aging eyesight doesn't get along with tiny tuners so well anymore. Sayonara micro-clipons, hello ... Snark?

Well, it's not THAT bad. But I am using my Polytune and a Fishman clipon with a big color display. And nowBoss has an updated tuner/metronome combo, the TU-03.

Anyone have experience with it yet?

Default Re: Boss TU-03 tuner?

Well, I dropped the hammer on one of these, only $21 at Sam Ash. Might be my favorite tuner now. It grabs the string signal vibrantly, unlike several other tuners I own, and displays a very clear and readable gauge showing string pitch. Very easy to use at night or on-stage. And it had a nice little metronome built-in. My Polytone is probably a bit more accurate, but boy howdy does this blow away the tiny Planet Waves tuners in terms of usability and readability. No commercial interest here, just passing along what I think is an excellent product.

Anyone else tried one?

Whew! I went to look this tuner up an mistakenly found the tu3 tuner. $90. No way there. But the tu-03 looks pretty nice. I like my D'Addario micro, but the readout is REALLY tiny. Not as much fun as it was at first. And it's not so important to me to be able to leave it on all the time any more. I will probably give one a try.
    We are the music makers,
    And we are the dreamers of dreams

The display is awesome, very big and bright and easy to read.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgroup53 View Post
    The display is awesome, very big and bright and easy to read.
    Yeah, I've switched from the Micro to the Unitune (a poorer relation of the Polytune) because of the nice, bright display. And I've occasionally forgotten and left it on the headstock when packing up. It's pretty tight, but it does fit in the Recurve case. I think it was priced similarly to the Boss.
    Mitch Russell

If you have an iPad, there is a great app called Tunable which is as big as your device. Gives you your tone to the nearest 10th of a cent. You can easily drive yourself crazy with it if you are a perfectionist.

I've got a snark and I find it easy to see (but I wear reading glasses) and easy to use. But I think the "easy to use" part is because the snark tends to be very forgiving, meaning it will give you the green if you are anywhere close.