The Mandosaurus is Guild super jumbo F2512 12 string guitar tuned C G D A E B in parallel 5ths. Well, it's actually tuned a tone down with a capo on the 2nd to bring it up to those pitches, for reasons connected with string busting. Keen observers will spot that it amounts to a very large double strung tenor guitar with extended range at each end, or a mandotar with extra high range. The idea is that as a fiddle and cello player, I can play fiddle tunes an octave down without rethinking all the string intervals or wearing out the dusty end of the fingerboard. Now it's set up with lower string tension it works pretty well for playing tunes, with easy pulloffs and hammer-ons. So far so good...

Then there's chords. Any ideas please for instruction sources for folk accompaniment and four to the bar classic and/or gypsy jazz comping in this tuning? I expect many chords in a jazz mandolin book will be finger busters on a 25.5" scale length, and I haven't seen many jazzy mandocello/cittern resources.

All ideas gratefully received, other than 'Why nor just tune it back in standard like God meant you to' - that's not the point

Thanks, Max