Thread: The Highland Travelers

Default The Highland Travelers

Adam Steffey (along with two other former Boxcars, Keith Garrett and Gary Hultman) is back with The Highland Travelers. How did I just now find out about this??!?

Default Re: The Highland Travelers

From Chris Bowsman - " How did I just now find out about this ??!? " Well,c'mon Chris !. It's news to me as well. We heard a while back that Adam Steffey was maybe forming a new band,& that was it until your post. Quote - "...is back with..". Is ''The Highland Travellers'' band an old band ?.

I just did a web search & fond this :- https://bluegrasstoday.com/highland-travelers/,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

Blog Entries

I saw a performance by Adam and the HT this June while in Pennsylvania. It is an incredible band -- SO TIGHT and they present a wonderful and entertaining show with nice variety of songs and instrumentals. Awesome stage presence and banter -- good jokes too! Hard to believe that they are a relatively "young' band!
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

4. The following members say thank you to Bernie Daniel for this post:

Ivan- I meant back as in back on the music scene. I listened to the album this morning, enjoyed it quite a bit. Given that it’s 3/5 of the Boxcars, I’m not surprised they’re super tight live. I can’t wait to go see them and say hey.

If you’re a Boxcars fan, you’ll dig this band. Lots of what you expect from Keith and Adam, but not exactly the same. A lot of Adam’s playing is a little more mellow, and his chop is more laid back. Gary (dobro player) has been woodshedding like crazy, though. He pulls off some really cool bits.

There are two where the banjo player pulls out a signature Ron Stewart lick (same lick both songs), but aside from that doesn’t sound much like Ron.

6. The following members say thank you to MediumMando5722 for this post:

Hi Chris - Many thanks. The Highland Travellers might have been on the scene for decades,but over here we wouldn't know. I'm a fan of Adam Steffey whoever he plays with,however,the bands that he does play with are usually terrific anyway,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

9. The following members say thank you to MediumMando5722 for this post: