Thread: hand made at the junk shop

Default hand made at the junk shop

there is a really good sounding hand made at my local junk shop for $400 canadian, by a local unknown maker. anyone want to take a chance?

f copy, carved top, spruce, mahogony back and sides.

i'll try and take a picture with my camera if anyone wants to take a flier on it. i'd go for it but i have too many guitars and mandolins(there i said it--kick me out of the mas tribe). i was really quite surprised at the tone, very stronh loud and bright.

Default Re: hand made at the junk shop

this junk shop specializes in storage locker auction stuff and really cheap yard sale stuff. but they do get good stuff under priced occasionally.i got a 1993 guild 12 string arch back d 12 25, in great condition for %400 cad--well under market price. i bet i can talk them down to $300 cad, which is about $220 usd. it's in new brunswick canada. soild top , can't tell about back and sides. the maker used to sell on kijiji a few years ago but i haven't seen an ad for two years. maybe he sold off his remaining mandolins or someone abandoned it.

Awaiting pics. Thanks!

Sure, I'd like to see photos. Oval hole or F holes? What is the builder's name?
    Last edited by mrmando; Jul-22-2018 at 2:22am.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

f holes, i was too lazy to bike there today, i'll go down tommorrow.