Thread: Recordings in dark and haunting cave of IWW fortress.

Default Recordings in dark and haunting cave of IWW fortress.

Hi!

The recording situation was quite different here. I went to fortress from the times of First World War here in Finland. There I found dark cave that had been mined by Finns and Chinese prisoners with the modest equipment they had that time. Then I put my computer and mic in the middle of this cave and started to record in that darkness. Place had a variety of trash lying, burned wood, graffitis and stinging smell of gasoline. It was obvious that there have been some people who had been spent time in this vague environment. This place had some haunting feel and it took some time from me to get the calm mind for recording. After recordings were done I found one geocache for some old lady who happened to appear that cave.

The cave surely hides variety of feelings from history to this moment and I tried to catch those feelings to this music and video.

I hope you like it!
    Kindest, Mikko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS-330SzN6E

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MikkoKarhula For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Recordings in dark and haunting cave of IWW fortress.

Hey Miko,

Thanks for sharing this.

In the USA, the first world war is WWI. IWW is, usually, the abbreviation for the Industrial Workers of the World, a radical, syndicalist union from 1905 onward, mainly in the USA, but with a global reach. Many Finish Americans were active in the IWW.

Quote Originally Posted by StuartE View Post
    Hey Miko,

Thanks for sharing this.

In the USA, the first world war is WWI. IWW is, usually, the abbreviation for the Industrial Workers of the World, a radical, syndicalist union from 1905 onward, mainly in the USA, but with a global reach. Many Finish Americans were active in the IWW.
    '

Hey, Thank you that is interesting information. Also thank you for that correction.

cheers,

knows little

My IWW Little Red Songbook is stashed somewhere safe. You'll have pie in the sky when you die (that's a lie!)

I've not played in caverns or prisons. I've played in long culverts, earth-bermed bunkers, and vast empty warehouses. The space gives the sound a unique texture.

Great stuff!