Thread: Northern New York

Default Northern New York

Good afternoon.I run a fishing camp in Northern New York and I have an empty weekend towards the end of August.I thought that it would be great idea to try to put together a bluegrass weekend where people could fish during the day and play their music at night around the campfire or heck even play your music all day. This is a very private location with beautiful scenery off the beaten path,but within 20 minutes to the closest town.I am not sure if this is the best place to post this,if anyone has any links to a New York specific group,please enlighten me. Thanks Rich

Default Re: Northern New York

New York is a big state. Are you in the Adriondacks or Rochester-Buffalo area or where? Give us more of a clue.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

You might contact the Adirondack Bluegrass League or the Central NY Bluegrass Association, which I guess is reachable only by phone (315) 626-2603. The CNYBA works around the Syracuse area mainly, but does get a bit north of that. There's also St. Lawrence Valley Bluegrass around the Thousand Islands.

As Jim G responded, a more specific location would help.
    Allen Hopkins
    Gibsn: '54 F5 3pt F2 A-N Custm K1 m'cello
    Natl Triolian Dobro mando
    Victoria b-back Merrill alumnm b-back
    H-O mandolinetto
    Stradolin Vega banjolin
    Sobell'dola Washburn b-back'dola
    Eastmn: 615'dola 805 m'cello
    Flatiron 3K OM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garber View Post
    New York is a big state. Are you in the Adriondacks or Rochester-Buffalo area or where? Give us more of a clue.
    We are located near Theresa Ny only 30 minutes from the 1000 islands(Alex Bay)

Thank you for the recommendations I will try to contact the St Lawrence Bluegrass they would not be far from here.