Thread: The Song That Brought Tears

Default The Song That Brought Tears

My wife and I recently celebrated our 35th Anniversary on a two-week tour of Ireland. It was an incredible trip and one of many high points was a concert at the St. James Church in Dingle. Eoin Duignan, an incredible artist and his group played a two-hour set.

Maybe it was the location, maybe it was the enormity of our trip, but maybe it was just being together, but Eoin's last, a waltz called 'Perspectives' began and my wife and I looked at each other and we both had tears in our eyes. Isn't that wonderful music is supposed to do? Its a beautiful song and I'd like to share a (not so clear) Youtube video of Eoin and his group playing Perspectives (at a concert in Montana) And if anyone has heard it played on a Mandolin and may have TABs, please send me a PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Dq...UGzpO&index=31
    Last edited by Al Trujillo; Jul-10-2018 at 11:07am.

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

Default Re: The Song That Brought Tears

...because the universe is often stumbled on by accident, or visualized in dreams. Only when the stars concur do we arrive. ... We will not know the time until the time is ripe, and even then , it passes us in one forgetful instant.
    (Ciaran Carson, Last Night's Fun)

Irish musicians know there is a tune and a time for every heart, but it is but a fleeting and private moment of coincidence. Only love can survive as a constant, like a rock in the sea.
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bertram Henze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bertram Henze View Post

Irish musicians know there is a tune and a time for every heart, but it is but a fleeting and private moment of coincidence. Only love can survive as a constant, like a rock in the sea.
    Thank you that wonderful comment.

Excellent.
    My wife says all the tunes I play bring a tear to her eye, is that good or bad I ask?
    I never fail at anything, I just succeed at doing things that never work....

Fylde Touchstone Walnut Mandolin.
    Gibson Alrite Model D.

Never had one til my dog died last year and I made a tribute album with the tune of "going up home to live in green pastures". Now I cant hear it without tearing.

Quote Originally Posted by G7MOF View Post
    Excellent.
    My wife says all the tunes I play bring a tear to her eye, is that good or bad I ask?
    Don't ask!