Thread: Tenor Guitar Chords

Default Tenor Guitar Chords

Hey all! I'm new to the forum.
    Just bought my first tenor guitar last week, the Ibanez AVT1, and am loving it.
    I noticed that there was a lack of specifically tenor guitar chord diagrams. Although some mandolin chords will work, my tiny hands couldn't make many of them sound right.

I made up my own GDAE chord diagram for tenor guitar (although the information may be elsewhere, these are the ones that I tried and worked best for me) and figured I would share it with the forum in case someone else found it useful.

Feel free to make suggestions or correct any mistakes. I could also release the CGDA corrected chords if anyone is interested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tenor Guitar Chord Diagram GDAE.pdf 
Views:	341 
Size:	493.8 KB 
ID:	169164

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geralf117 For This Useful Post:

foxHypoxia 

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tenor Guitar Chords

I like the images for the chords. It has clear type that shows the name of the note, (not just a dot). Good use of color too.

And it is made with Guitar Scientist? The name made me laugh. I don't know, but I don't usually associate the two names. Maybe I'm a Mad Scientist. Ha, ha.

Welcome to the Mandolin Cafe. There are a lot of well-informed players here, and there is a wealth of information too.

There is also a chord library on the main page drop-down menu called Learn / Listen for chord diagrams. I check it often and also consult my personal favorite software called Absolute Fretboard Trainer.

Thanks
    Decipit exemplar vitiis imitabile

Your A major and B Major chords are incomplete. They are both missing their thirds making them neither Major nor Minor. Very handy when playing the blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Your A major and B Major chords are incomplete. They are both missing their thirds making them neither Major nor Minor. Very handy when playing the blues.
    Or Heavy Metal. :-)