Thread: Chapman

the Chapman design is very easy on the eyes compared to most of the ugly emandos out there....has anbody owned one of these?....hows the action, pickups, finish etc...chapman emnado

No offense, but I personally find the mock-F style solid body design ugly. Some how I like Kevin Schwab's mini-tele design and Roger Bacorn's mini-Les Paul mando design better. I am sure it is a nice mando to have nonetheless.

I really like Chapman's design. It seems to be balanced, in apperance,whereas many solid bodies don't. I also think the attention to detail is apparent by the carving. I've never played one, so I can't comment on that.

Berk...evryone has their own taste...but I kinda like a mando to look like a mando.....I find the Fender knockoffs a bit boring, once you have seen 400 emandos all with the same big clunky appearance...the les paul knockoffs are ok, they dont really scream Im a mando either tho.......and I dont want to have to explain that its not a tiny ugly electric guitar....but I do like the Rigel PRS style...its tasteful at least

I looked hard at the Chapman before deciding on Roger Bacorn's mini Les Paul style. Roger made a great instrument for me. I have pics if you are interested. Rich
    Richard Michaud

Hi Rich,
    A few months ago I saw the discussion thread in which you posted pics of your Bacorn eight string, and I really liked the way it looks. If I recall you had a special maple back.
    However, what I'd like to ask is: how much additional did Roger B. charge for the trapezoidal inlays on the fretboard and the maple back? Looking at his description on his web site it seems to indicate the the base instrument would have only a maple top, not back. The back and neck would be mahogany?
    Also is it semi-hollow or totally solid? Thanks...