Thread: Trouble using TefView with Mandozine

Default Trouble using TefView with Mandozine

I have installed the TefView several times and when I try to open a song from Mandozine all I get is symbols. I looked at the FAQ on TablEdit and followed the instructions and still the same problem. In the fonts folder the font says TEF265medium, but on the TablEdit site it says it should read TEF265TTF. I cannot find this font. PLEASE HELP.

Default Re: Trouble using TefView with Mandozine

Surely one of you computer guys or girls can help me with this problem. I can open a file from TefView and everything looks good. I need some help, please.

Blog Entries

I haven't had it installed for years but I recall if you download the actual file to your desktop first then open it, it's visible. Clicking on it from the web used to result in exactly what you describe. No idea if this is still the case but I think it's likely the problem.

Thank you, I will try that

I'll bet Scott's right. I use the full blown Tabledit, not the TEFView. You should probably just download the whole zip file and unpack it on your computer.

Blog Entries

it sounds to me like windows is trying to open the file with something other than tefview when you download. Are you sure that it is TEFView that is running when you get all the letters and symbols stuff? If it is not TEFView, somewhere in your settings you should be able to change the file association of .tef files and also to specify whether you want windows to give you a dialog box when you download the .tef files. I always have windows ask so I can choose whether to download as a file or open it and if open it, what program to use. I am not sure if this is a windows setting or a browser setting, but it is somewhere. (if its Apple, then I have no idea).
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

7. The following members say thank you to HonketyHank for this post: