Thread: Piano Bodies

Default Piano Bodies

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/r...626792234.html

If any builders are interested, I'd be willing to give a hand in taking a look and help getting it shipped. Potential.

Tony

Default Re: Piano Bodies

Made tops for my 2 favorite personal flattops from an upright piano soundboard that had been curing in dry Silver City since 1909. Incorporated a small button below the keyboard into my wife's banjo flange! If I lived in the twin cities area I'd check it out with my sawsall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0799.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	253.6 KB 
ID:	168891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2904.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	256.4 KB 
ID:	168892  

I am trying not to think too hard about an old upright I saw in a private school a short time ago. Most of it is Brazilian rosewood veneer, but the flip open top (upright) is solid Brazilian. Bunch of guitars in there!
    Stephen Perry

If I remember correctly I think Steve Wishnevsky has used piano wood for instruments. A great way to recycle wood and let it continue making music.

5. The following members say thank you to Seter for this post:

G7MOF 

Zeke Leonard of Salt City Found Object Instrument Works builds instruments exclusively these days out of piano bodies. You can see his work at https://scfoiw.blogspot.com/

He did an Octave Mandolin a while back as part of a suite of instruments for a family that donated their piano.

(I sent him the link to this ad, but Minneapolis is a little far from upstate New York.)