Thread: Koda F10n f style mandolin.

Default Koda F10n f style mandolin.

Hi,
    Has anyone come across a mandolin brand called Koda, they do an f style mandolin model number f10 n and only seem on sale in Ireland. They're made from walnut and look great but as we know, not all that glitters is gold, and if it looks too good to be true it generally is. Your thoughts please?

Default Re: Koda F10n f style mandolin.

I find a good deal of info about Koda guitars, which apparently are Asian-made low-to-mid-price instruments sold through Irish music stores. Not much on their mandolins, but the description of this F10N listed at the Trad Shop mentions neither "solid wood" nor any hint of carving, which would lead me to suspect a laminated-wood, heat-pressed instrument.

Don't know what they're asking for it, but I'd be cautious. A solid-wood, carved-top instrument, most likely an A-style rather than an F-style, might well have a better sound.
    Allen Hopkins
    Gibsn: '54 F5 3pt F2 A-N Custm K1 m'cello
    Natl Triolian Dobro mando
    Victoria b-back Merrill alumnm b-back
    H-O mandolinetto
    Stradolin Vega banjolin
    Sobell'dola Washburn b-back'dola
    Eastmn: 615'dola 805 m'cello
    Flatiron 3K OM

Default Re: Koda F10n f style mandolin.

Hi Alan Hopkins, many thanks for digging around and finding out so much info for me. I thought out would be to good to be true. I play a Kentucky km150 and love it but I would like to upgrade to an f style. I just need to be patient and carry on saving and enjoy playing. It's too easy to get caught up in the chase for something new rather than getting on and making music and playing what you've already got. Thanks again man. Andy

4. The following members say thank you to Mahargja for this post: