Thread: Grass Talk Radio GTR-070 - Bluegrass on Vinyl

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Grass Talk Radio GTR-070 - Bluegrass on Vinyl

A new issue of Grass Talk Radio Podcast has just been published:

GrassTalkRadio.com Episode 070
    Bluegrass on Vinyl - In this episode explain why I love vinyl records, big home stereo systems, and album covers. Then I race through a tour of 400 pounds of bluegrass records which have influenced, entertained, mystified and inspired me. I also try to make you feel guilty (just a little) when you listen to records on YouTube instead of showing up at a performance and carting home some swag, merch and physical recordings.
    If you enjoy the show you can support what I am doing by visiting my online store at http://www.payhip.com/bradleylaird.
    For additional goodies, be sure to scope out the show notes here: http://www.bradleylaird.com/podcast/...how-notes.html
    GrassTalkRadio is a show for people who play or are learning to play bl [...]

More...

2. The following members say thank you to NewsFetcher for this post:

Default Re: Grass Talk Radio GTR-070 - Bluegrass on Vinyl

I'm with you, man. I have lots of vinyl, but not too much of it is Bluegrass. I buy the CDs at the shows and my local record store (but they have a small BG section). I haven't seen LPs at BG shows, but have only been attending them for the past couple of years.

I do like LPs for the reasons you mentioned and the large covers allow me to read the liner notes without a magnifying glass.
    "All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out." - Mark Twain

Eastman MD615SB
    Martin D35
    Gibson SG

Blog Entries

Default Re: Grass Talk Radio GTR-070 - Bluegrass on Vinyl

Mort: I forgot to mention in that episode that the Del McCoury vinyl record I bought at their recent show also included a little card inside allowing the purchaser to download the tracks as MP3s. That was genius! Best of both worlds. Thanks for listening to the show.