Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newest thoughts re: Northfield's Big Mon Model

Default Re: Newest thoughts re: Northfield's Big Mon Model

I have a 2016 Big Mon and it's just a wonderful instrument in every single aspect (apart from black buttons which I changed). Build quality is SUPERB and it has a great voice already. Can't speak highly enough but every one may well be ever so slightly different.

My mate also has a 2016 Big Mon but different binding and his neck is not quite as chunky as mine which seems odd.

Go for it on 48 hour approval.

JimmyP
    UK

Meant to say that I honestly could not imagine a better F5 than the one I have. Things like the way the bridge sits on the top is 100% PERFECT. The colour is unbelievably good on top, sides, back and especially the neck. I've had hundreds of mandolins in last 50 years but not one that ticks all the boxes as this one does. It's a keeper although I have said that many times with my F4s and then sold them. Now currently after an old Gibson F4 so I'll have best of both worlds.

Thanks Jimmy....May reconsider it,because I can still get $750 off list....Btw,don't give away your age,with owning so many over "fifty years"...Ha!