Thread: Montana Lutherie

Default Montana Lutherie

It's always been my philosophy to offer cudos when due rather than complaining. Today I would like to offer cudos to Bruce and Mary Weber of Montana Lutherie. To be blunt: they are SUCH nice people. I ordered a tiny custom made piece and was treated so well - they are so down to earth and friendly that I just have to share it with others. It is so refreshing! (Let alone the fact that the Weber name is iconic in the lutherie world!). If you haven't for some odd reason checked out their website, here it is: https://www.montanalutherie.com/ A big shout out to Montana Lutherie!!!

“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ― Albert Schweitzer

1925 Lyon & Healy Model A, #1674
    2015 Collings A (MT2-V)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tim Logan For This Useful Post:

Default Montana Lutherie

(I've posted this under two forums - hope nobody minds!) It's always been my philosophy to offer cudos when due rather than complaining. Today I would like to offer cudos to Bruce and Mary Weber of Montana Lutherie. To be blunt: they are SUCH nice people. I ordered a tiny custom made piece and was treated so well - they are so down to earth and friendly that I just have to share it with others. It is so refreshing! (Let alone the fact that the Weber name is iconic in the lutherie world!). If you haven't for some odd reason checked out their website, here it is: https://www.montanalutherie.com/ A big shout out to Montana Lutherie!!!

Default Re: Montana Lutherie

Tim,
    I agree they have to be the nicest folks here in Montana. We have been friends for over 10 years and they still treat me like family.

5. The following members say thank you to George R. Lane for this post:

Blog Entries

I merged them. I think the General Section is the best place for most people to see the praises (deserved) that you're offering.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Southeast Vermont - take your pick of snow or ticks

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Logan View Post
    Today I would like to offer cudos to Bruce and Mary Weber of Montana Lutherie. To be blunt: they are SUCH nice people.... they are so down to earth and friendly that I just have to share it with others.
    The mandolin world seems to have a disproportionately high number of good people in it, but if they ever get ranked, I'm pretty sure Bruce and Mary will be sharing the top slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Logan View Post
    If you haven't for some odd reason checked out their website, here it is: https://www.montanalutherie.com/
    The work Bruce did on my A5-L (speednecking, nut, tuners, set up) so transformed it that I wrote it up as a blog post on that beautiful web site. An honor to be a guest there.

Blog Entries

I seldom post here, but this morning I got excited and wanted to share it! Just opened my new custom Ranger that arrived yesterday. Top wood is seriously nice! Beautiful travel Mandolin with a very big voice for such a small body. Built and signed by Mary Weber. Gig bag that came with is a top notch padded bag with solid handle and even backpack straps. Inside one of the two pockets; a chord book and ML badge!

Reading comments of others about these folks is heart warming. I have been really blessed by knowing Bruce and Mary for about 25 years now. More than a decade of which, they honored me as an endorsing artist for their company. There aren't words that accurately describe how nice, conscientious, honest and honorable these people are. They live up to the high praises they have earned!

I am pretty stoked that they are building again after Sound To Earth was sold to TOH. You can bet there will be some pretty amazing custom instruments coming out of their shop in Montana again!

Here is a pic of the new Ranger; Mahogany back and neck, radiused ebony fretboard, ebony headstock overlay with MOP Montana Lutherie Logo, initials at 12th fret...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0788.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	173125

9. The following members say thank you to MandoChamp for this post:

Makes me happy to see such beautiful instruments coming out of the state I grew up in.

That ranger looks like a ton of fun!
    1940 Gibson L-4T
    2016 Martin TEN515
    2018 Poe Scout #76

Quote Originally Posted by MandoChamp View Post

I am pretty stoked that they are building again after Sound To Earth was sold to TOH. You can bet there will be some pretty amazing custom instruments coming out of their shop in Montana again!

Here is a pic of the new Ranger; Mahogany back and neck, radiused ebony fretboard, ebony headstock overlay with MOP Montana Lutherie Logo, initials at 12th fret...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0788.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	173125
    Boy is that a beautiful travel instrument! Congratulations!

Ordered a Ranger in cherry as a traveling mandolin. Spoke to Bruce about my requirements (Arizona in the Winter, Oregon the rest of the time) and he recommended cherry. Darn, now I have to wait for it to be built.