Thread: Eastman MD-304 & Kentucky KM-272 & 276

Default Eastman MD-304 & Kentucky KM-272 & 276

how does the Eastman compare to the Kentucky out there in the real world. has anyone here played both side by side.

Default Re: Eastman MD-304 & Kentucky KM-272 & 276

I have and I prefer the Kentucky. The Eastman sounds more old timey, like a gibson-esque sound, if that's what you're going for. I like the more modern sound and appointments that the recent Kentucky ovals have.

hey Al, good morning. I already have a Eastman MD-404 black top & I love it I just wanted to know what the Kentucky 272 sounds like & what do you think of the fit, finish & feel of the neck.

Tony, I bought a 272 a couple of weeks ago. Can't compare it to the Eastman, but I can tell you that the fit and finish are impeccable. Very well crafted.

===========

Quite possibly anything and everything you could ever want to know about the 272 . . . including audio/video:

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/s...entucky-KM-272

is it true, once you go oval hole you never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by mandolin tony View Post
    hey Al, good morning. I already have a Eastman MD-404 black top & I love it I just wanted to know what the Kentucky 272 sounds like & what do you think of the fit, finish & feel of the neck.
    I have had an eastman 305 (which i sold) and own a 272. It's difficult for me to describe as i don't have the language for it but the eastman neck is a bit more pointed? Which makes it feel longer from the back of the neck to the fretboard than the 272. The 272 is... a more rounded neck. I find the 272 more comfortable and easier to play than the eastman design personally. The fit and finish on the 272 are pretty damn close to perfect. My first mandolin was a kentucky 162 that put me off the brand entirely, i disliked it so much, but the 272 has won me over. The sound is excellent for the cost and it's a beautiful looking mandolin. I am thoroughly impressed with it.

thanks ET, one think is for sure. its nice to know if you don't have a whole lot of money you can still get a real nice mandolin with Kentucky & Eastman mandolins.

9. The following members say thank you to mandolin tony for this post:

Em Tee