Thread: Amazing Grace for Mother's Day

Default Amazing Grace for Mother's Day

My wife loves Amazing Grace, it's a song she's sung to our daughters when putting them to bed ever since the first was born. So, I thought she'd really enjoy hearing our girls singing it for her. The girls are 8 and 4. It's something I think she'll be able to listen to in 20 years and really remember what it was like when they were little.

Technical info:

The guitar is a Taylor GS Mini (the only guitar I have left, sold off my other ones). And the mandolin is my Northfield. My playing is marginal, but I love the way this mandolin sounds, and I think this is the best recording I've done in terms of capturing its tone. Guitar & voices mic'd with a Rode NT2A, and mandolin mic'd with a pair of Rode M5's. Run through a Presonus AudioBox iTwo and using PreSonus Studio One 3 to record.
    1918 Gibson F4
    2016 Northfield NF-5S
    2017 Black Guitar Bodied Octave Mandolin #42

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt Harris For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Default Re: Amazing Grace for Mother's Day

What a great Mom's Day present.
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

4. The following members say thank you to HonketyHank for this post:

Default Re: Amazing Grace for Mother's Day

Nice! And especially awesome vocals considering they're 8 years old and 4 years old, sounds really good.

6. The following members say thank you to Jess L. for this post: