Thread: Arches mandolins

Default Arches mandolins

Has anyone out there tried to contact these guys as of late, Ive been emailing and calling fo a few weeks now and nothing, I even messaged Chris here on the forum, are they out of business?

Default Re: Arches mandolins

Chris duffering from back problems. He has a degenerative back issue. He is holding it at bay. I am pretty sure he will get back to you when his health improves.
    Nic Gellie

Communication at one man shops suffer when the one man isn't healthy.

Sorry to hear of anyone going through this.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Yes very sorry to hear that, ill hold off on any kits until I can get one of his

worth the wait
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Ive heard it is

It's been more than six months now, but I sent e-mails through his website on two different occasions expressing interest in ordering one of his oval hole mandolins. I never received any response.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott L View Post
    It's been more than six months now, but I sent e-mails through his website on two different occasions expressing interest in ordering one of his oval hole mandolins. I never received any response.
    He might not be getting them, I have had an email address lost to me and lost all my contacts. If he is ill he may not change the website. Is there a phone contact, you may try that.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott L View Post
    I deal with Chris a lot. In the last couple of months he has been much slower getting back to me. I find if I get sick I don't tend to respond to emails. He has gone through a lot of family issues in the last few years. He is a great guy to deal with. We need to be patient. I will see if I can find out how he is doing at the moment.
    Nic Gellie

Ive called, left messages, emailed and messaged him on here. I see where he was here visiting just a few days ago on the mando café but I know how ill health can affect you and some people do things different than others. I guess ill order from Stew mac when they get more in stock and go from there......ashame because im ready to buy

I’d hold for Chris to help you when he can. Stew Mac is great too but Chris is another world if your not in a hurry. I don’t know what’s going amuck at this point in time but I was hoping he was catching up since he had an A model kit ready in stock just recently. I love the work he’s done for me(it get’s no better)and hope I can get more of his wood art parts again. I pray all is well for him and his clan prosperity.
    "A sudden clash of thunder, the mind doors burst open, and lo, there sits old man Buddha-nature in all his homeliness."
    CHAO-PIEN

Even under the best of circumstances, you'd have a two month wait. But the product is first class in every way. I just bent the binding for my scroll on the top side. Looks just like a first effort would. I'm just embracing the process and living with the result. The cosmetics are going to be funky.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

Hi All, Sorry for being unresponsive. I have a health condition that required that I take a full-time job (non-mandolin related) in order to get health insurance. Not my ideal scenario, but, none-the-less, what I have to do.

I've been working as I can to finish off the remainder of my orders, however, it is not likely I will be taking any more kit orders. I have plans to get back into mandolin building when I can, but I plan to build completed instruments as opposed to kits. I think my days of spending 8 hours/day running a milling machine are over.

Best Regards, Chris Baird

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris Baird For This Useful Post:

Hate to be off topic, but Medishare is a pretty good health insurance program. Nobody gets a free ride which cuts down on costs.

Blog Entries

Hope you recover soon, Chris, and can return to what you love the most.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

I have been working a bit every day to finish my F 5 kit. Ran into a mental block regarding the binding, but decided to do the best I can and live with the outcome. It's far from perfect but it will be OK. Sorry that others won't get the chance, but that's life. A kit is a good way to get one's feet wet. Hope you can keep your health issues under control. Good luck to you.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

I hate to hear that....get better and take care of yourself