Thread: F5G Gibson 1995

Default F5G Gibson 1995

What would be your guess as to what a 1995 F5G Gibson in good condition would be worth? Some fret wear, finger mark on top, a small ding here and there..Not mint but good. Also how desirable is this year mandolin.

Blog Entries

Default Re: F5G Gibson 1995

$3400 -- I think it is a sure bet, at least on my list of "wish I had's".
    2014 BRW F5 #114
    2022 Kentucky KM 950 Master Model

YouTube Original Recording of My composition "Closer Walk"

Loarcutus of MandoBorg DataNick's Avatar

Bozeman produced Gibsons can vary a bit; some can be great, good, or fair ...need to play the specific model, mine is a good'un...
    1994 Gibson F5L - Weber signed

"Mandolin brands are a guide, not gospel! I don't drink koolaid and that Emperor is naked!"
    "If you wanna get soul Baby, you gots to get the scroll..."
    "I would rather play music anyday for the beggar, the thief, and the fool!"
    "Perfection is not attainable; but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence" Vince Lombardi
    Playing Style: RockMonRoll Desperado Bluegrass Desperado YT Channel

"Bozeman produced Gibsons can vary a bit;"

That seems to be the conventional wisdom but I'd like to see some data on that...
    Just kidding! I've got one too and it's REALLY good. Just sayin'...

Kirk

I played it a couple of weeks ago. It was in pretty good shape. Think the strings needed replacing, it didnt sound as good as some I have heard, so I passed on it then. He sent me a text this morning and came down on the price. I was tempted but I also just got my 2015 F9 Dave Harvey today from the Mandolin Store. I am quite impressed with it. It sounds as good as I hoped for. So I decided to stick with the F9. Dennis and the guys at the Mandolin Store are very helpful and nice. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a mandolin. Just dont use FEX EX. I waited all day for delivery Saturday, Signature required. My neighbor saw the driver pull in my lane, turn around and leave. Never even tried to deliver it, JERK. Neighbor told me he saw them leave so I called Fed Ex. They left me on hold for 30 minutes and were absolutely no help. I didnt get it till today, Tuesday. I felt like sticking a boot where the sun dont shine. Thanks for the input guys. EE