Thread: New mandolin ebook - Learning Mandolin: a Genre-Hopping approach

Default New mandolin ebook - Learning Mandolin: a Genre-Hopping approach

So, I just finished my first mandolin ebook - Learning Mandolin: a Genre-Hopping approach which is now available on Amazon and through my website: www.stringsandtings.com. Although the book is aimed at beginners, I have deliberately introduced a broad range of concepts (like ii-V-I progressions in jazz, pick stroke theory in bluegrass etc.) to try and make it challenging and as enjoyable as possible.

I first heard mando-god Chris Thile using the phrase 'genre-hopping' on a YouTube video and realised that this is how I've always learnt. The great thing about playing mandolin is that it is so versatile, meaning you can jump between bluegrass and Bach - and everything in between, all of which feeds back into your own playing style.

I'm currently working on a music theory ebook which will be free to anyone who subscribes by email in advance (and don't worry, I won't spam you!).

Default Re: New mandolin ebook - Learning Mandolin: a Genre-Hopping appr

Thank you (don't know your name ) for your very nice contribution to the mandolin world, your website and book will be very helpfull for beginning mandolin players and a nice refresher for intermediates.
    Excellent presentation and layout, simplifies music theory for the beginner
    I wished something like this was around when I started on the mandolin (a long time ago)
    Keep up the good work.

Default Re: New mandolin ebook - Learning Mandolin: a Genre-Hopping appr

Ah, I knew I recognised that phrase. I'm a Chris Thile fan myself.