Thread: Looking for a mandolin teacher in Harford County MD.

Default Looking for a mandolin teacher in Harford County MD.

Hey guys, just hoping to find a mandolin teacher in Harford County, Maryland. I just move up here last year, I'm in Forest Hill. If anyone is giving lessons up this way, or knows of anyone that is, please let me know. Thanks.

2. The following members say thank you to mdsmith for this post:

Default Re: Looking for a mandolin teacher in Harford County MD.

I mentioned to you a day or so ago that Mark Bluett in York Pa. has a person that gives lessons...York isn`t all that far from where you live is it? He has a web site (Bluett Bros violin shop) or you can call him at 717-854-9064...Be aware that he will try to sell you one of his mandolins that he makes and they are good ones...Ricky Skaggs plays one of Mark`s fiddles at times and loves it...

You might also just google Mandolin lessons and give your area and see what come up...you asked if I gave lessons, well I could just teach someone the basics but that can de learned from one of the web sites that teaches mandolin...I`m sure someone on here will pass on the info on how to contact someone on the computer...

Lots of luck and welcome to the area...

Willie

Default Re: Looking for a mandolin teacher in Harford County MD.

York is about an hour away according to Google Maps. That's not out of the question, but if I could find someone closer, that would be even better. I thought maybe I would get luck and find someone who's been playing for a while that wouldn't mind doing something informal. Maybe every couple of weeks or so. I got luck that way when looking for a dobro teacher years ago. I found a local guy, but would let me stop over ever so often for a couple of hours, I'd hand him a few bucks and bring some beer, and he'd help me out with whatever I wanted to work on. Thanks for the reply.