Thread: Forum looks different on different computers

Default Forum looks different on different computers

I'm running Google Chrome on Windows 7 on 2 different computers. On my laptop the Forum looks like it's always looked. On my desktop computer, for the past few weeks the Forum has had a completely different look, without the Cafe's site headers (see attached screenshot). I thought perhaps the new look was just the way things were going to be from now on, but since the old look is still happening on my laptop, perhaps something can be done about this. Clues? I much prefer the old look; how do I restore it on my desktop computer?
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Default Re: Forum looks different on different computers

Ah! Somehow my "skin" setting had gotten switched to "mobile style." Switched it back and all is swell.

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Blog Entries

If you scroll down to the very bottom of any forum page regardless of what it looks like there is either a drop-down menu with 3 choices for desktop/laptop, etc files and a "Full Site" choice if you're set for Mobile. Default for this software (ugly, but it gets used), The Cafe's default web desktop/laptop style with our site look and feel, and a mobile style. I can't tell which you're on since there's no screen shot attached but not necessary. Try switching between those.
    Last edited by Mandolin Cafe; Apr-09-2018 at 2:13pm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrmando View Post
    Ah! Somehow my "skin" setting had gotten switched to "mobile style." Switched it back and all is swell.
    Right. Assumed that was it. I've never experienced this myself but sometimes in a Google search result you'll get a mobile style and once you land there it resets your preference.

I didn't attach the screen shot because I didn't see a way to do it with the mobile skin on. Ah, well. I'll know what to do if it happens again.