Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NS Micro Tuner

Worlds ok-ist mando playr Zach Wilson's Avatar

Default Re: NS Micro Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Egerton View Post
    I had one and liked it but it was causing a buzz if left on during playing. I wound up losing it somewhere after switching it to a bass.
    I have the soundhole clip on version on my guitar and love it.
    It took me a couple trys to find a spot where the Micro wasn't creating a tiny buzz. I repositioned it and it's been fine ever since. I leave mine attached all the time... no finish issues yet (fingers crossed).

I switch back and forth on these. They are small and light, but usually can't find a spot I like on the headstock. Plus, I always seem to have a problem seeing it in bright light.

That said, am trying it on my Eastman octave. Will see how it behaves at a jam tonight.

Otherwise really like the cheap D'addario tuner with the big display. Also been using the Polytune and Korg Sledgehammer quite a bit.

I like them and use them on mandos, guitars and resonators. They aren't great in sunlight. I did get a polytune for my main mandolin, as it seems better during outdoor, sunny gigs.
    Summit F-200
    Eastman 515

formerly Philphool Phil Goodson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Vest View Post
    I like them and use them on mandos, guitars and resonators. They aren't great in sunlight. I did get a polytune for my main mandolin, as it seems better during outdoor, sunny gigs.
    Since you brought it up, I'll just mention that Sweetwater carries a "Unitune" (for $30) which is the same as the Polytune ($50) but without the multiple string function. NFI

I have used a NS Micro Tuner on my upright bass for over 3 years and it works well attached to the bridge also.
    Phil

“Sharps/Flats” “Accidentals”

5. The following members say thank you to Phil Goodson for this post: