Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is This Top Sunken?

Default Re: Is This Top Sunken?

The bridge is pretty high so that was unnecessary.

My Florida is scooped pheffernan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Em Tee View Post
    The bridge is pretty high so that was unnecessary.
    Why was the bridge already pretty high if the damage and sinkage occurred in transit?
    1924 Gibson A Snakehead
    2005 National RM-1
    2007 Hester A5
    2009 Passernig A5
    2015 Black A2-z
    2010 Black GBOM
    2017 Poe Scout
    2014 Smart F-Style Mandola
    2018 Vessel TM5
    2019 Hogan F5

Quote Originally Posted by pheffernan View Post
    Why was the bridge already pretty high if the damage and sinkage occurred in transit?
    That is a fine question for which i have no answer.
    Last edited by Em Tee; Mar-30-2018 at 1:21pm.

In case this thread gets locked, I’d just like to add:

-when I saw your pics, it took me about 1 sec. to identify the builder (very unique sound holes, bridge and binding). So, most of us probably know who we’re discussing.

-I’ve had nothing but 100% positive experiences with this builder on several occasions. He’s a fine person with the highest integrity, and I know a number of other players who feel the same way. You’ve said that he’s been responsive so far, and I predict that he’ll bend over backwards to make you happy.

-some responses seem to indicate that it might not be shipping damage... I think that if a heavy box fell on top of your box, or if it was placed underneath a heavy pile of boxes for a period of time, it could easily cause top damage to the mandolin. I hate to think that this builder might be subtly accused of shipping a damaged mandolin.

-finally, I feel terrible for both you and the builder. Regardless of what caused the damage, we all hate to see an amazing new mandolin damaged before you even got a chance to play it.
    Northfield Big Mon
    Royce Burt Fiddle
    Martin D-18

5. The following members say thank you to Jstring for this post:

Thus far the builder is doing everything he can to rectify this issue. If the situation takes a southward turn (which I do not anticipate) I will take it up with mandolin cafe as to what to do next, since this transaction was made through the classifieds. Again, thus far builder has been doing everything they can to rectify the issue.

Can a mod please lock this thread? I started it to get a second opinion/pair of eyes, and I received that. Everyone was very helpful, as everyone in the forums always is. This thread has served its purpose. Thank you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jstring View Post
    In case this thread gets locked, I’d just like to add:

-when I saw your pics, it took me about 1 sec. to identify the builder (very unique sound holes, bridge and binding). So, most of us probably know who we’re discussing.

-I’ve had nothing but 100% positive experiences with this builder on several occasions. He’s a fine person with the highest integrity, and I know a number of other players who feel the same way. You’ve said that he’s been responsive so far, and I predict that he’ll bend over backwards to make you happy.

-some responses seem to indicate that it might not be shipping damage... I think that if a heavy box fell on top of your box, or if it was placed underneath a heavy pile of boxes for a period of time, it could easily cause top damage to the mandolin. I hate to think that this builder might be subtly accused of shipping a damaged mandolin.

-finally, I feel terrible for both you and the builder. Regardless of what caused the damage, we all hate to see an amazing new mandolin damaged before you even got a chance to play it.
    Which is why we've removed the images--partly because you can see part of the label into the soundhole. This discussion crossed way too many boundaries for our tastes real fast. Nothing more to say, no one needs to contact us in regard. Like 99.99% of issues between builder and customer, best handled directly, not in a public forum.