Thread: Kala Tenor Guitar, DGBE string gauges?

Question Kala Tenor Guitar, DGBE string gauges?

Kala has there tenor guitars back in stock (for how long is anyone's guess), so I got one and have it on its way to me. I want to have it in DGBE tuning, which is what I have my other tenor guitar in. What string gauges should I use for that? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. BTW here is the link on the Kala site https://kalabrand.com/collections/gu...s/tenor-guitar

Default Re: Kala Tenor Guitar, DGBE string gauges?

Any 0.012 guitar string set should work well. If you find that to be too light due to the 21 inch scale, you can always go up to a 0.013 string set. I use 0.012 string sets for my 23 inch scale tenor guitar and they work well.
    Blueridge BR-60T Tenor Guitar
    Eastwood Warren Ellis 2P Tenor Guitar

Default Re: Kala Tenor Guitar, DGBE string gauges?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Stewart View Post
    Any 0.012 guitar string set should work well. If you find that to be too light due to the 21 inch scale, you can always go up to a 0.013 string set. I use 0.012 string sets for my 23 inch scale tenor guitar and they work well.
    Thanks Chip. When I get it from Kala, I'll take it to a local shop and get that done. I think maybe with the smaller scale length, an .013 string set might be the route for me to go.