Thread: Thanks to MC from a Newbie

Default Thanks to MC from a Newbie

I have been playing the mandolin for about 8 months now, and I have been perusing mandolin cafe for about as long. Just wanted to give a hearty Thank you to everybody on the forums. Everybody here has a lot of knowledge and patience and passion for the mandolin and you've helped to nurture and inspire me as a budding mandolin player. Y'all are great!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Em Tee For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Thanks to MC from a Newbie

Hope you are having a ball. Once you get going on a few simple fiddle tunes you can really entertain yourself. I'm having a blast bringing Seargent Early's Dream up to speed.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

4. The following members say thank you to Br1ck for this post:

Em Tee 

My Florida is scooped pheffernan's Avatar

1924 Gibson A Snakehead
    2005 National RM-1
    2007 Hester A5
    2009 Passernig A5
    2015 Black A2-z
    2010 Black GBOM
    2017 Poe Scout
    2014 Smart F-Style Mandola
    2018 Vessel TM5
    2019 Hogan F5

Blog Entries

I'll second the sentiment, Em Tee. Thanks for voicing it. I am still having fun, too.
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

Quote Originally Posted by pheffernan View Post
    You're killin' me with that thread!!

8. The following members say thank you to Em Tee for this post:

Six months in playing mandolin, and I too can echo the sentiments expressed. The Cafe is always a first point of reference for any questions - and infact there are probably none which haven't already been addressed over the years. But it is also a regular drop-in place, just to see what folks are talking about and sharing. I'm impressed how the vast majority of exchanges are courteous, respectful and encouraging. As someone who is happy just to be making some tangible progress learning Irish fiddle tunes, I am amazed at the breadth and the depth of the knowledge pool represented here about all things mandolin.
    I never thought I'd end up playing mandolin, but when it naturally presented itself as the next instrument to learn (and my first melody instrument) I found myself so delighted with the experience that The MC became the obvious place to want to hang out!
    "What's that funny guitar thing..?"

At six or eight months in, you all should be thinking about upgrading. You know you want to.
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1

I, too, am thankful for all the helpful folks here, Em Tee. There are many outstanding mandolin players here wiling to help out other less capable players. How cool is that?